Fun and Festive Thanksgiving Dessert that Kids will Love
October 11, 2019
Photo credit: Betty Crocker
Sponsored post: California Strawberry Commission
In case you didn’t know, we at Libra Nutrition conduct the fun and interactive Hungry Hippo tours at local supermarkets every month. We want to teach children healthy eating habits early in life and they do so by taking part in our organized scavenger hunt where they learn about the nutritional values of a variety of foods. An easy and fun-to-make recipe is handed out to encourage parents to try the tasty and easy recipes with their kids!
To celebrate Thanksgiving, this no-bake recipe of strawberry Jell-O pie is the recipe of choice.
No-Bake Strawberry Jell-O Pie
2/3 cup boiling water
1 3-ounce package Jell-O Strawberry Flavor
1 cup ice cold water
1 16-ounce tub Cool Whip
1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust
1/2 cup diced strawberries
6 fresh California strawberries (for decoration)
- Stir together the boiling water and strawberry Jell-O for two minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add the ice-cold water to the gelatin mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
- Then whisk in 2 cups Cool Whip until well blended. Put some diced strawberries inside the filling
- Refrigerate the pie filling for 30 minutes.
- Smooth out into the prepared pie shell and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight before serving.
- Decorate with extra Cool Whip on top of the pie.
- Top it with fresh strawberries for an extra touch and burst of flavour.
California strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C. In fact, 1 serving of California strawberries has more Vitamin C than an orange. Vitamin C is vital to the body’s maintenance of overall health, especially for children. It helps prevent scurvy and has an immune-boosting effect.
Enjoy this easy and delicious strawberry Jell-O pie and have a great Thanksgiving!