Banana Lentil Muffin
1 cup of ripe bananas (or 2 ripe medium bananas)
1 cup sprouted green lentil puree (1 cup of sprouted lentils boiled in water for 30 minutes, drained then pureed)
*[*For regular green lentil, boil in water for 45 mins, drain and then puree]*
1 large Egg
¼ cup of maple syrup or honey
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of oat flour (blended old fashioned oats) or almond flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oil (avocado, canola, grapeseed or olive)
1/2 cup of ground flaxseed (optional)
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds (optional)
1/4 cup of goji berries or pumpkin seeds (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (200°C).
2) In a bowl, combine all wet ingredients (egg, oil, maple syrup, bananas, lentil purée and vanilla. Mix well.
3) In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, goji berries or pumpkin seeds).
4) Stir into the egg mixture until mixed.
5) Grease the muffin tins with oil.
6) Bake for 15-20 minute.