Lo Bak Go (Turnip cake)
2 lbs (32 oz) turnips
Glutinous rice flour 4 oz
3 oz brown rice flour
Chicken bouillon 1 cube
Chinese Sausage | sausage
Dried Shrimp 4oz
2 ounces preserved mustard greens
Monk fruit sugar 1/2 teaspoon
Psyllium 2 tablespoons
small carrot 1 piece
1. Soak mushrooms and dried shrimps in water overnight until they are soft. Drain the water and dice them.
2. Dice Onion, preserved mustard greens, and Chinese sausage.
3. Stir fry mushrooms, shrimps, green onions, preserved mustard greens, and Chinese sausages until they are cooked through.
4. Cut the turnips into small rectangular pieces; add scallion and Monk fruit sugar; cook until there is liquid from the turnips (about 10-15 mins), turn off the heat and let it cool down. Drain the remaining liquid from the turnips and use it to mix with the flour and psyllium evenly.
5. Add the cut turnips to the flour mixture, add 3/4 part of the sauteed sausage seasoning, save 1/4 part of the sausage seasoning for later use.
6. Pour the mixed turnip cake flour into a mixing bowl.
7. Steam the turnip cake flour mix in a glass container for 45 minutes.
8. Be careful not to let the water in the steamer dry out. If there is not enough water, you can add boiling water during the steaming process.
9. After steaming over medium heat for 45 minutes, open the lid and sprinkle the reserved 1/4 portion of Chinese sausage and shredded carrot. Turn off the heat, cover for 2 minutes
10. Remove from the steamer. Sprinkle golden roasted flaxseed on top and enjoy*!
*You can enjoy the turnip cake warm right after steaming, or you can pan-fry them till golden brown. Serve with soy sauce or chili sauce.
Ming Pao article: https://libranutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/SUN029-1.jpg